Monday, April 27, 2009

Amateur craftiness...

So, anyone who has witnessed me undertake a sewing project (and there aren't many of you) knows that either it never gets done, I screw it up royally, or it comes out somewhat resembling the original finished project. I always complain to myself that I'm not really good at any one thing...many one things, actually, especially anything that involves fabric and needles. Well, the only way to improve is to practice. I found the cutest pattern for a tote/purse and since I need a bigger purse to carry all the accessories that come with having two young children, I thought this would be a great project. And this is what I created- all for under $5! I'm kind of proud of myself and had to toot my horn a little. But I'm glad there were no witnesses this time because true to form, I did screw up royally (many times) but it all actually worked out in the end!

Diaper/wipes case to match
This post was more for my mom to see, who has been the one to see my fury and frustration with sewing most often. Toot, toot!

7 comments:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Way to go Nashelle! I saw you with it the other night, and thought it was cute, but had not idea you made it! That's awesome.

grandma said...

That's my girl. What a great job! And you finished it! You are your fathers child! You are so creative and you have a good eye for color!

Kara said...

Your bag is WAY cute! I want to make one too! I need to ask you how you did it!

Julie said...

Soooooo sooo cute!

Unknown said...

$5! And it's beautiful!! You're amazing!

Terra said...

I noticed it at church on Sunday and thought it was super-cute!

The Haas Family said...

AMAZING!!! You're an inspiration, Nashelle!