Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Caught...

Ok, well, she wasn't exactly caught since she came downstairs to show me, but she knew she was in trouble as soon as she saw the look on my face. Kira is complimented on her long, thick eyelashes often and is told that she'll never need mascara. Though I know she'll never need it, I'm sure she'll feel one day that she can't live without it. I just didn't plan on it being at age 3. She actually did a pretty good job when she snuck into the bathroom and pulled out my make-up bag. She's done it in the past (in fact, I think I've posted about it before) but she was never able to get into the mascara because of the screw-cap. Well, not only can she open it now, but she can actually apply it pretty well. Some made it onto her lashes and only a minimal amount smeared across the bridge of her nose. She did swipe some shiny lip gloss on her arms and face but it really wasn't that bad. But I was pretty steamed at first; I was NOT anxious to clean up the inevitable mess I knew I'd find in the bathroom. But she'd actually tried to clean up after herself before coming downstairs to show me. I showed her in the mirror what she looked like and told her we were going to wash it off- no playing with mommy's make-up! Once she saw what she looked like and took in my very unhappy demeanor, this was the look she gave me. Even when I ran down to get the camera and tried to stifle the laughter (many of the photos came out fuzzy because I couldn't hold the camera still), she looked like she was waiting for me to explode and unleash total fury upon her...which only made me laugh harder. A video of her expression would have been better, but these will have to do.

Oh, Kira...

P.S. Gee- she LOVES those headbands!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

She didn't do to bad at all.

Julie said...

Oh My Gosh! Jacks just did the exact same thing to my makeup, but he didn't put it on well. It was mostly on his arms. :-)