As I'm sure happens with all subsequent children, I've been feeling like Alexis has not been in the limelight nearly as often as Kira ever was at this age. It's bad enough that she seems to be growing behind my back and I wonder where all the time has gone. My baby will be a year old in less than two months! I remember there were days where I couldn't wait for Kira to crawl and walk and talk and it seemed to take forever! Time with this baby has just flown. Alexis has mastered the crawl for sure, and while she has yet to walk, she's always hanging onto something unstable and cruisin' from one end to the other.
Her vocabulary is obviously limited but the other day it really struck me how much she understands. When I ask her where her binkie is or to go get a toy/bottle, she know exactly what to do. And even her "talking" is getting better. She says "mama", "dada", "sissy" (which comes out sounding more like a snake with a lisp than anything, but we get the message), "bee" (binkie), and "baa" (bottle). She kind of whispers other words that we're trying to teach her but she's doing it! And if she can't get her message across fast enough there's always high-pitched communication in the way of shrieking and squealing that always gets prompt results. She's a pretty good eater, drinks from a cup, eats table food, and likes some of the food that I could NEVER get Kira to eat. She's already weaned herself (unfortunately for me) and loves the freedom that allows.
She's a girl on the move, let me tell ya! Alexis has developed a great love of books. In fact, she can now "read" one without ripping it to pieces...progress! She can always be tempted with a good book- my kind of girl. And she adores her sister! Of course, there are moments when she needs some personal space but lately she and Kira have developed their own little game of tickling. When I get Alexis dressed or changed I occasionally tickle her tummy with my nose or blow raspberries on her belly. Well, Kira has taken on the role of 2nd mommy very well and likes to drill her head into Alexis's abdomen. Luckily, Alexis thinks this hilarious and now takes advantage of her turn when Kira is laying on the floor or in bed. Alexis crawls right on up, puts (bonks) her head on Kira's head or shoulder and shakes it back and forth. It's fun to see the two of them become buddies. And nothing is sweeter than this baby's laugh.
When it comes to sleeping habits, Alexis takes the cake. Two naps during the day, bedtime at 6:30-7 pm, uninterrupted sleep until 7 am, all while sharing a room with an occasionally nocturnal sister. And she doesn't like to be rocked to sleep- just put her in her own bed and she'll do the rest! I so love this wide-eyed angel that has brought so much happiness and reminded us how wonderful it is to have a baby in the house again, this time without as many surprises. 
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I hear you! I feel like Heidi has flown and much of it I have missed with Jackson I was able to spend every moment with him, it is harder with Heidi.
Your girls are looking so much alike! They are both so beautiful! I can't believe how fast Alexis is growing up, she seems like such a sweetie and blessing in your family's life.
Post a Comment