Friday, April 4, 2008

Easter...

Easter was really nice. It's funny to think that Kira had had three Easters before she was two! It came pretty early this year. On Saturday, Christopher and I took Kira up to the school for an Easter egg hunt. There were eggs everywhere! This was Kira's first egg hunt and I think that she really enjoyed it. It was pretty cold outside, though. The next morning (Easter), we woke to snow on the ground--yuck. So much for flowers, green grass and the renewal of spring. But, of course, that's not the true meaning of Easter. We mentioned several times about Jesus's resurrection to Kira but it's not as if much of it was understood. After an uplifting church meeting, we joined some friends for dinner and yet another Easter egg hunt. I didn't get pictures of that hunt, but it was fun to watch Kira actually understand her mission of seeking out those pretty colored eggs and claiming them for her basket. Dinner was wonderful and it was nice to get to know some of Christopher's classmates and their families a little bit better. However, two days later, Kira surprised us by presenting with rotavirus. It was awful! It took the poor baby a week to get over it and she's still battling some nasty diapers, but at least stuff's coming out that end and not the other. We're so grateful that she was able to stay hydrated enough to stay out of the hospital and that Christopher and I have remained in good health through it all. Lots of sleepless nights and tears (not just Kira's) but I think we're back to normal now. It definitely put a damper on Kira's birthday celebration, though!

No comments: