Monday, April 21, 2008

Swinging...

This past weekend was a long one for our family, in a good way. Friday, Christopher had "Wellness Day" which means no school! Though he did go back to school that morning and study into the afternoon, it was nice to know that he'd be home later and really "be home". Despite the wet and cooler weather, we planned a BBQ with some friends on Saturday. It turned out well even though it was quite cold, especially for Kira since we showed up 45 minutes early to get the grill and burgers going before everyone started to show up. And we figured she'd have some fun on the playground before trying to get her to sit and eat. Well, not that she wasn't already, but I think we've created an even bigger obession with swings. That's ALL she wanted to do the three hours we were there! But just sitting and having the cold wind blow in your face doesn't keep you warm. Needless to say, she remained shivering the whole time but would stubbornly insist on swinging. I wonder where she gets that from...? Now that's all she asks for every time we get into the car and heaven forbid we pass a playground! But we had fun and I'm glad she was able to spend some time outdoors. Of course, the next day, the weather was absolutely beautiful- sunny, 60's, clear skies...and we spend most of the day indoors since it was Sunday and church for us is in the middle of the afternoon. But today is pretty nice as well, so I think Kira and I will pull out her new slide and play in the dirt. I have cucumbers, herbs, strawberries and flowers that I would like to get planted soon so I need to clear out our little patch of garden while it's nice outside. Well, we had a nice weekend and we were so happy to spend it with Christopher. It's a bummer that the nicest weather comes when he's indoors all day but at the least the bike ride home should be pleasant ;)!


This is Kira laughing at her daddy...she was laughing harder earlier but as soon as the camera comes out, it dies down, of course.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I just love it!!! She is so precious and has the sweetest laugh! ;) playgroup is at the park tomorrow are you 2 coming?? We can go anytime you want to, Carter also loves to swing, just let me know.

Sarah said...

Come to think of it, whenever I saw you guys at the park, she was always on the swings.
I want to plant some things, too. Let me know how it works out!

grandma said...

Kira and Daddy look like they are having such a great time!