Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break...

I'm really behind on my blogging. We survived finals and Christopher is now in his third quarter. During Spring Break, we went to Ponca to visit family and see Christopher's brother, Caleb, who had just returned from a two-year mission in Spain. The visit started out with a bang...Kira either ate too much of the wrong thing or was so excited to be out of the car and playing with family that she got very sick. Luckily, it was only an overnight thing and was fine the rest of the week. I'm so upset that I forgot my camera during the trip. Kira had tons of fun with both sets of grandparents and aunts and uncles. She befriended her Nanny's tiny dog, Powder, who would follow her up and down the halls whenever she would call "Come here, come here, Powder!" and would happily cooperate when Kira took it upon herself to feed him each individual piece of dog food. Kira also had fun going swimming with her Grandma at Grandpa and Papa's "work" (the company gym). Christopher especially enjoyed hanging out with Caleb...it was almost as if the two years had never passed. We're so lucky to have such wonderful families...we miss and think of them daily. It was also nice to get an afternoon to ourselves to do a little early birthday celebration (so nice to have such willing babysitters around when you go home!).

The week we got back was extremely hectic for our little family. I know that Christopher had to dive right into his new schedule and get used to not having a break again. I had volunteered weeks/months in advance for several activities and organizations during this particular week. They all seemed to have been scheduled at the same time, probably because I knew that with school just starting, Christopher's schedule was a bit more flexible. The Monday we came back home I had a doctor's appointment, which was uneventful (except for the ever-present counsel to gain more weight, and to take a nap or stay off my feet for two hours a day while Kira is down) and actually was able to have a special evening with Christopher and Kira for my birthday. He came home as soon as class was out, made shrimp scampi for dinner, tended to Kira's bath/bedtime ritual and then sent me into a bath of my own...more like my personal spa with candles and bath beads. It was nice to have him around one more day. Tuesday, Kira had an appointment with a teacher that comes to visit and kind of monitors her development. Then off to another appointment for Kira followed by preparations for that evening's Enrichment Night (I'm ward enrichment leader) which went pretty smoothly. Wednesday was an open day for us though I'm sure something occurred that required running around. Thursday I babysat for an exercise group in the morning and played hostess to a cooking club that I belong to later that evening. Friday, I woke up, dropped Kira off at a friend's house and went to the medical school to volunteer as an ambassador. Basically, I gave the family/spouse point of view for potential students' families who were there to interview for next year's admission. Whew! I know that doesn't sound like too much for those who lead much more productive lives than I, but that was quite a week for me!

No comments: