What can I say about motherhood. Sometimes, I tend to forget that I've had experience in that field. In fact, here soon, I'll be tripling the experience. It's not that I go through my day oblivious to the two munchkins running practically beneath my feet...it's just when I think about motherhood I think about, well, my mom and mother-in-law and friends' moms...you know, the ones that have REALLY had the motherhood experience. This past Sunday, I think I officially crossed over to a full-fledged "mom" as I watched the cutest Sunbeam in the ward swallow her nervousness and bravely go to the front of the chapel to serenade me while trying to keep a toddler beside me from fidgeting too much in the pew and being momentarily distracted by a tiny foot trying to find an impossible inch of space somewhere in my abdomen, quite forcefully, I might add. I know I still have so many milestones to come to and bridges to cross on the road of parenthood, but this Mother's Day, it really struck me that I truly am a mom and it's one of the most wonderful things about me. Yes, there are days where I feel just like this:
But it's made all better by requests like this:
Of course, I couldn't have progressed to this role without the wonderful man who has made not just my Mother's Day but my week by bringing home these:
Here's to an awesome 5th Mother's Day for me with many more to come! Hope yours was just as fabulous!!
4 comments:
Hi Naschelle
what a sweet post...You are a wonderful mother..to those beautiful girls..HAPPY MOTHERS DAY..
I feel the same way sometimes....wait I AM A MOM? What, when and how did that happen?
When are you due my friend?
I can't believe how much your girls look like you!!!! And congrats with 60 days to go. We totally could have switched clothes, but you broke the plan. LOL! Love ya! April
Post a Comment