We've been enjoying tastes of summer up here in Michigan lately. It's so nice to have a fenced-in yard where the girls can be outside enjoying the sunshine and I can enjoy the fact that in my eighth month of pregnancy I don't have to run around making sure they stay put! It's finally warm enough to pull out the sprinkler and enjoy the all-to-cold hose water. Kira, of course, LOVES it, even while shivering covered in goosebumps a half hour later. Alexis, surprisingly has taken a little while to warm up to the water. I think it has something to do with it spraying in her face. Here are some photos to show the contrasting attitudes.
Alexis started to warm up to it after a few days, though.
Speaking of Alexis, I can't believe that my baby will be 2 tomorrow! In many ways, it feels like she's been apart of our family so much longer but then again I can clearly remember her birth day like it just happened. I'll be posting more age milestones and big birthday news later but I just had to post a few things about her quickly. Lex is definitely our outspoken child. She has no problem communicating her feelings. She speaks more in volumes than words, but we're working on that. She's actually starting to make even more improvement in her speech. Her new thing is to ask, "Whas dat, momma?" over and over again. I love that she's starting to talk in sentences more often and ask questions. Another more current development is her new obsession with her baby doll. We've had baby dolls in the house since Kira was little but they've never been given much attention. Now, there are days where the only person in the house that gets a kind word from Lex is her baby! It makes us hopeful that this love for babies makes the transition to becoming a big sister a little easier for everyone. Alexis and Kira certainly have a love/hate relationship most days, but it's nice to see how much Alexis looks up to Kira and wants so much to be like her. And 90% of the time, Kira is more than happy to show her how! I don't know what we do without Alexis's unending collection of facial expressions that make us laugh so hard, her love of snuggling with us (after being wrapped up in the "right" blanket, of course), her creative ways of trying to hide the fact that she snuck her binky again, her ever changing love of dress-up or stripping down, and watching this petite little thing explore and grow each day. We love you, Lex!
3 comments:
Looks like fun! I can't believe how much older Alexis looks and 2! Wow! Time sure does fly.
you guys are such beauties!
I can't wait to get there!
Post a Comment