So this is going to be a very lengthy post (well, visually, anyway). I feel really backed up on reporting the recent events of the Wood household. We've had some pretty big things going on. The most important being this litte lady's big advancement into big girlhood. Yes, our baby is now 4-years-old! Kira's birthday landed on a Sunday, which is nice, but we felt a little limited in what we could go out and do. Her day started out with an early morning surprise...she woke up to a roomful of balloons. I don't know who had more fun with that, the birthday girl or her equally pleased little sister. Her day continued on with a "special" breakfast of Lucky Charms, a new Easter dress to wear to church, lots of birthday recognition in Primary, a Briar Rose dress to play with after church, her favorite dinner- spaghetti followed by Mommy's attempt at a princess castle cake, and tons of love from friends and family over the phone and through the mail. Sometimes I look at her in wonder...how could she, our tiny 5 lb 15 oz firstborn, have grown up into this beautiful little girl so fast? I wish there was some way to push a pause button. Though she can't wait for her next birthday, her parents are fine with letting time move a little slower, keeping her young a little longer.
The Wood family also basked in a glorious Easter/Conference weekend at home. We were uplifted by the beautiful weather, inspiring messages and the opportunity to reflect on our Savior's selfless sacrifice and promising resurrection. We focused more on the spiritual aspects of Easter this year, though we were visited by that sly Easter bunny Saturday morning. Below are some pictures of the girls enjoying Easter/birthday gifts sent from distant family (thanks Gee and Grandma...wish you all could have joined in on the fun in person!).
Since I feel like most of my fun crafty projects have been with baby in mind, I wanted to do something fun for the girls. Here are our little ballerinas enjoying their new tutus.
Hopefully, that catches us up a little bit more. It's nice to have a slower-paced schedule now that Christopher is off of OB/Gyn rotation and back home from out-of-state testing. He's now doing an elective rotation in Gastroenterology, which is the field he hopes to wind up in...and he's loving it! We are, too! It's nice to see Daddy at breakfast and then back home with plenty of time to play before dinner. Anyway, there you have it...now I'm off to see what I can do about those brownies that just came out of the oven. Don't want them to feel unappreciated...or the vanilla ice cream. It gets lonely in that freezer, you know.
5 comments:
Brownies and ice cream?! I'm comin' over! It's amazing how much kids can grow up in a few short months. Your girls are gorgeous!
Does Christopher want to do Pedi GI or adults? To find a good Pedi GI is hard in Texas. Believe me...my friends and I have traveled this state. I think he would be good at it.
Happy Birthday Kira!
It is nice to be on elective rotations, huh? Thanks for the catch up--you guys look like you are having fun!
Sounds like fun. I wish Jason was home as much. Alas...enjoy him.
Post a Comment