Well, we thought that we could outlast cold/flu season without dealing with it ourselves. But there seems to be no escape for anyone! I can't complain, though. This is only the second time Kira's been sick this winter and that's amazing compared to last year. And she's around more kids and germs now that she's older so she's doing really well. Tough immune system (knock on wood). However, as it is my legacy since reaching adulthood, I, too, have been struck by the dreaded congestion this winter. As long as I can rest and deal with Kira's extreme moodiness (being sick not only makes her miserable but it makes her mean, too!), I'm fine. Now if only Christopher can escape the evil grasp, then we're in the clear! Hopefully, spring is around the corner. You wouldn't think it looking outside. Yet again, we just got rid of most of the ice and snow and actually enjoyed some rain this morning, but that's some awful white precipitation that's falling right now. It seems like we've only been without snow for a handful of days since November. It's not that bad, I suppose. I was reading an article about snow in the northwest and this woman had to dig her house out just to let in some sunlight! Craziness. At least we've gotten plenty of precipitation for the summer. I'm hoping to get started on the small garden that we have and plant some flowers out front as soon as spring shows up...which may be a while according to Phil. Otherwise, we're surviving Christopher's extremely hectic school schedule this month. I'm quite proud of him. He's done incredibly well on all of his tests thus far and has his first final tomorrow. So long Biochemstry...forever!
Like I said earlier, we're entering uncharted territory with Kira. It's absolutely NO fun to have a nose like a leaky faucet that plugs up at night and a cough that shakes her insides. So I'm trying to keep that in mind as I watch a sleep-deprived toddler throws herself on the ground, screaming, hits the floor (
I think it hurt you more than the floor, hon)
, picks herself up, runs and starts the whole process all over again. Ahh, the beauty of distraction. It's not as easy as it used to be so I've been learning to be more creative. But then she's
wonderful when Daddy comes home, comparatively speaking. Don't get me wrong, Kira isn't always like this, which is why these past few days have been kinda shocking. Hopefully, it's a very short phase that has only appeared as yet another side effect of the dreaded cold.
On a more positive note, I find myself watching her and wondering where my baby went. I still see it sometimes, but it's fast disappearing. She amazes me everyday with the new, "big girl" things she can do now. Whether its walking around the corner and catching her give her baby doll a check-up with her play stethescope or anxously surpervise her walking up and down the stairs without crawling, it just melts my heart and yet makes me miss that little baby that would lay quietly on all of half of her father's chest, snoozing for hours. She's the best thing in our lives. I love our little girl.
1 comment:
I was on patti's blog and saw that you are a blogger too, so i decided to check yours out--it's adorable! I'm sorry you guys have been sick! Anyway, I'll invite you to my blog now!
Post a Comment