- Alexis randomly insisting that I call her "Captain Moroni" at Kroger...and for the rest of the day.
- Kira walking into our bedroom one late night (we weren't asleep yet) and flopping down on Christopher without a word. She hadn't seen him that day since he got off work after bedtime. She just laid there until I asked if she was ok and if anything was wrong, which she replied with a head-shake and went back to bed.
- Caprice finally not throwing up after 6 hours of doing so every 10-15 minutes. What relief!
- Painting my nails an awesome gray-blue shade and having it last without chipping for more than 24 hours.
- Christopher coming home and verbally reassuring me that I was appreciated after dealing with sick/screaming toddler on three hours sleep.
- Kira getting teary after figuring out that daddy will be in Guatemala for a week. (It's nice to know that even though they don't get to see dad that much normally, they still love and miss him and don't like NOT seeing him for so long!)
- Watching my much smaller than average 19-month-old try to keep up with towering 3-5 year-olds at the library story time.
- Seeing Alexis make a new friend in less than 5 seconds!
- Having a completely spotless kitchen before bed TWO whole nights this week! Wahoo!
- Reading/finishing Austenland.
- Getting first tax refund in nearly four years!
- Buying much anticipated white pintuck/puckering duvet for master bedroom with aforementioned refund.
- Listening to the ever-evolving prayers of my children.
Friday, February 10, 2012
My highlights...
It seems my life at times is just a jumble of randomness. I've had mental (and, I think, spiritual) reminders over and over again the last few weeks of the importance of journaling. I get a little envious of those who seem to have their whole lives neatly chronicled in volumes of diaries and journals, available to share with children, spouses, friends and even to be reacquainted with their past selves. I've had spurts in my life where I've done well at keeping a journal or diary, even as a kid, but sometimes I find it hard to get everything down that I want since it doesn't "flow", if that makes sense. Same with the blog. So instead of grammatically complete sentences and paragraphs, I plan on dedicating one blog a month to the random highlights of my week/month/day/whatever. These are the little things I want to remember that don't exactly flow with the rest of my daily life but make it rewarding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how you recorded those little highlights, kudos for painting your nails... I can't remember the last time I did that, but now it's on my goal list.
Post a Comment