I used a pattern posted by a friend on her fabulous craft blog! A little hospital homecoming outfit using one of those tiny shirts they give you at the hospital.
And this was an awesome diaper bag pattern I found here months ago. I loved it from the moment I saw it. It has 5 pockets on the outside and 5 on the inside...so much needed storage room for three kids' "necessities".
I made a few adjustments of my own like adding the key clip and using D-rings to give the strap a more finished look. I actually finished it in 2 days! Couldn't have happened without my mom being willing to spend so much "alone" time with the kids.
Though there were some stressful moments, I've really enjoyed having time to do things I wanted and even being a little pampered, too. I especially came to appreciate being able to take part in the Relief Society program. It was a challenge for me on so many levels but I came to really identify with my character (one of the foolish virgins) and see how I need to prepare myself for the Savior's coming. I came away from it hoping to bring that spirit of preparation into our home and into my children's lives.
AND- Thanks for all the birthday wishes and phone calls! They all added to my spoilage! Be on the look-out for upcoming posts about another birthday girl's special week!
8 comments:
I'm totally in awe. That diaper bag is INCREDIBLE!! I'm putting it on my list to do before we have another baby...someday :) So happy to hear you had time to craft. It's a necessity!
This post sounds heavenly. Glad you've had such a great month!
Wow! Those projects are SO cute and make me want to make them too! Hurray for all wonderful moms out there.
Look at you go! That is amazing. We need to have a designated craft night. Just craft away and have some company!
You are perfectly amazing! I love the crafts. So darling.
What great projects. You are awesome.
Tutus! Love them! I so miss Ryleigh and Madasyn being little. I love the diaper bag and outfit you made too! You are so talented! I cannot sew a button on :)
wow! that bag is perfect! the zipper looks hard... too cute!
Post a Comment