Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spoiled...

Sometimes I forget. I forget what life was like with a husband first starting out in medical school. I forget those first few days of school that made Christopher want to pack everything up and just go back home...he thought there was no way he could get through four years of this! I forget about the professors that each assign incredulous amounts of information for students to not only study but be able to recite forwards, backwards, up and down. I forget about the many nights alone so Christopher could study at the school, the finals weeks when I NEVER saw him, and all the stress that came with it. I forget about the anxiety wondering where we'll spend the last two years of medical school, of not seeing my husband for two weeks during his preceptorship after just having a baby. True, there's still lots of scary unknowns ahead, even more nerve-wracking and stress-inducing than these, but for now, I'll just enjoy being spoiled while having a husband at home!

After starting out with some "tougher" rotations, Christopher is now on a string of light rotations. This one in particular has him home by 10 or ll o'clock in the afternoon. Yesterday, he came home announcing that we should go to the Imagination Station in Toledo (basically a children's museum with some pretty cool things for even us big kids). He'd yet to go and the kids loved it when we went with friends, so off we went.





And there has been lots of time for the kids to have fun with dad in the snow.



And as for me, hubby's been here so I can grocery shop by myself, have someone to beat me at games other than Candyland and go for nighttime runs to Krispy Kreme to satisfy a pregnant woman's sugary cravings. It's great to have you home, hon!


7 comments:

Kara said...

Mmmm...I can't wait to enjoy this stage in med school! I'm glad you're having so much fun!

Melissa said...

I'm glad he's home more. I'll admit, I'm totally jealous. That first part sounds soooo familiar.

Unknown said...

that museum is way cute!!! how beautiful are those girls!

The Shermans said...

It's nice to have a hubby around! Mine has IM and the OB/GYN next, so we will be on the long haul again. We went to the Toledo zoo on Friday (call us crazy!) and I saw a sign for the Imagination Station which I forgot about, so we are going to try that sometime soon. How did you build the snowman? I tried with the kids, but the snow was too dry. Maybe I needed to wait a little longer for it to melt so it would stick.

Sarah said...

I want to know the snowman secret, too. It took me like 5 minutes just to make one little snowball. Well, I'm glad you guys can make the most of the light rotations. It is nice he can schedule how he wants stuff when the baby's due, too!

Unknown said...

Those light rotations are what we live for! We're wrapping up OB this week and on to IM next...so not a lot of Brent time in the next several weeks. Live it up!

Melanie Chambers said...

Nashelle, Congratulations on the baby. Your girls are so cute. It would be fun to get a boy this time, but so fun to see another girl.