Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween...

This Halloween, Kira called all the shots. Months ago she decided that she would be Jessie the cowgirl (Toy Story 2) and Alexis would be a black kitty cat. I wasn't planning on going along with Kira's costume mandate for Lex, but it was an easy costume to put together and she looked super cute...so I caved.



We attended the ward trunk or treat Friday before Halloween. The whole walking-in-the-dark-to-get-things-from-strangers scenario didn't quite catch on with Lex, but Kira enjoyed it and raved over her little bag of candy. The rest of the time, she was content to help me "make kids so happy" passing out goodies at our car. On Halloween, I guess we kind of abused our kids by not taking them out to trick-or-treat in the neighborhood (it was cold, one child had absolutely no interest, and the other was excited to be the benevolent candy-bestower). But Kira had fun seeing all the teenagers kids dressed up and dumping handfuls of treats in pillowcases.

We weren't complete loser parents, though. My mom and grandmother (who came to fulfill the annual tradition of coming to see granchildren for Halloween) took Kira to a Halloween activity up at the library on Saturday afternoon. Alexis HAD to take a nap so I didn't get to go but saw great pics. The local library is attached to a museum, which is actually an old mansion. Perfect for Halloween! The attic was a bit too spooky for some.

But pretty cool otherwise.

Hope everyone had a purr-fectly "Yee-haw" Halloween...these two did!

3 comments:

The Shermans said...

The costumes turned out great! Halloween was a cold one.

Sarah said...

Kira looks just like Jesse! Good job!
I know...why did it have to be so cold?

Melissa said...

Your girls look adorable.