Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lazy days...

Well, it's felt that way at times, anyway. Like I said previously, my mom and grandmother had came up for about a week to celebrate spooky festivities with us. My dad actually came up with my mom for the weekend before flying out on business. It was nice to have him see the house all set up since he had helped us move out and get all the preliminaries in order for us to start moving in. These were more the lazy days I was referring to. My parents pulled in late Friday night and we decided to chillax at the mall the next day. We had fun walking around, going to the best stores (i.e. Disney store, Hallmark). We even made someone's day a little better by fishing their child's $6 bouncy ball out of the mall fountain (and when I say "we" I mean Christopher with a little anchoring help from my dad).


Back home, we hung out playing, coloring, talking, eating and watching college football, of course (it was a Saturday, after all).
Sunday morning, rise and shine!



Christopher and I had been asked to give a talk that Sunday so it worked out well to have the parentals there to keep the kids in order for Sacrament meeting :). We left early so we could get lunch and then drop my dad off at the airport. I loved how crazy Alexis's hair was in this picture. I just had to share.

Oh, and we had to make Halloween cookies, too. You know, to send off with Grandpa on his flight.

Mmm-hmm.

We had such fun...thanks for coming, Dad. Wish the visit could have been longer!

2 comments:

Jena said...

I love having family over! Wish it could be more often. Your girls looked so cute in their Halloween costumes!

Unknown said...

How fun when grandparents come! I love that crazy hair. Which has gotten so long!!!