Christopher and I would have celebrated our 5th anniversary June 18th. That day just happened to be the day after boards, the day before we started the move and the day our parents arrived to help us move. Needless to say, we figured it wouldn't be the day to plan much in way of anniversary fun, though we did go to Nauvoo for a quick trip to the temple before leaving the area. I really wanted to do something memorable since it is one of the first marriage milestones. A few months before, I decided to take advantage of the fact that my mom would be with us after the move and plan a short getaway the end of June. I tried keeping it a secret but I wasn't sure what or how much to plan since Christopher and I are both kind of mellow homebodies who would have just been as happy to be lazy at home after packing, test-taking, traveling and moving in. I let him in on the plan. It actually didn't end up being anything super exciting, but it was just what we needed after a week of unpacking, painting, cleaning, organizing and reorganizing, etc.
First, we went here and ended up doing sealings, which was pretty cool for an anniversary. We are now only about 30-45 mins. away from a temple, yay!

Then, we went
here to spend the night.

The whole idea for the trip was mostly centered around splurging for a day and staying somewhere a little more luxurious than normal, minus kids. This was the first time since we had Kira that we got to get away by ourselves. Long overdue. I had to take pictures of the place since we were pleased with how nice the hotel ended up being- it was a steal of a deal on hotwire. We had thought about going to a museum or something but since we were only booked at the hotel for that night, we decided to enjoy the feather bed, large LCD TV, and the opportunity to be lazy and sleep in as l o n g a s p o s s i b l e.
Chillaxin'

Nothing flashy but double shower heads are A-MAZING

I wanted to take my own picture of the lobby fountain but we didn't want to look touristy (at least, in front of other people...our room was free game, obviously). There was a baby grand piano right next to it that my fingers just itched to play, but I saved Christopher the embarrasment and the guests their ears.

All in all, it was a simple celebration but nicer than anything we've done for ourselves in a while. It was awesome to be able to spend time with my honey and reflect on the five blessed years we've been together and look forward to the eternity to go. (Love you, babe.)
No comments:
Post a Comment