Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just for me...

So after a grand total of, wait for it...3! posts in 2011, I decided that something had to change. I'm not really sure why I have been so reluctant to just get on and post about life but I have been. It seems almost a chore, I guess. I think I spend so much time trying to write something interesting for the few readers that I've missed the whole point of my blog. As much as I would love to have the photography, interior design, cooking, fashion and/or crafting skills that so many of the bloggers I follow are blessed with and perfectly layout into witty posts, I'm just not that talented. The reason I started this was to have a place to keep a record of "life in the Wood's" household and make it available to family and friends, since I'm awful about calling and writing to keep people up to date. If nothing else, I love reading through past posts and seeing and remembering my life for the past three years. I start to get disappointed as I near 2011. I need to do better since this is my most consistent form of journal-ing, sad as that is. So, many of the posts may be short or strictly pictures with descriptions, depending on my mood, but my goal is to have a post once a week so come 2013, I can look back and more thoroughly enjoy 2012.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel that way about my poor, neglected little blog, too. It can feel like just another thing on the to do list that I don't feel like doing...creatively. I look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful family this year!

Sarah said...

It should be just for you, anyway. You have such a fun, cute family that you don't need crafts or clever words. I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting :)

grandma said...

You do have a following. We are not good at leaving comments!