OK, I so need to post SOMETHING on here since it has been way too long since the last post. Christopher keeps reminding me about all the things that have happened recently that I'm not keeping up. So here's the condensed version of our happenings these past months.
- Christopher's parents made the long drive up from Oklahoma to visit us and see Caprice. It was so nice to have them here and we wish it could have been a longer visit. Sadly, Christopher's grandfather died unexpectedly, and his parents were off, traveling half the country for a week!! The girls enjoyed being spoiled with Nannie and Papa's gifts, but most of all, they were SO excited just to have them here and play with them.
An excursion to Papa's mecca- Cabelas. I think this pic is SO funny...there's Kira posing sweetly in front of such carnage!
- My parents came up a month later so my dad could visit with his newest granddaughter. I had such plans made for their visit, trips to the zoo and museum, etc., but all three girls ended up sick that week! Luckily, the last of the sickies cleared up right before my parents left and we made it to the zoo. The weather couldn't have been more perfect that week. Walks and trips to the park were taken, as was a date night sans children to Carrabba's. J
- Caprice was blessed two weeks ago. The blessing was wonderful. There was much mentioned of how Caprice would be a light to those she came in contact with and that she would attract people to her, sharing the gospel with them. That Sunday was a rushed and hectic day, so I don't really have pictures at the moment with Caprice in her dress but I will be putting up some soon! (Famous last words, I know, I know.)
- Kira's little world has now expanded with the introduction into preschool! Her first official day was Tuesday but the parents and children went up for an open house on Monday. She loves her teachers and is so excited to have new friends and things to learn. She's been talking about preschool nonstop for months and I'm glad it all worked out that she could go. She goes in the morning and is home before lunchtime, making the adjustment of her being gone a little easier on mommy.
- With the role of being the oldest now shifted to Alexis four days a week, she's able to get a little more one-on-one time with mom and baby. Alexis is our little bear- she can be awfully cute and cuddly but watch out when she growls (roars is more like it)! Though we seem to butt heads with her more at this age than we remember with Kira, we're glad to see that she has a mind of her own and a sense of independence. She's talking and miming us more and more every day, a mixed blessing. Sometimes, I forget how quickly she's grown up from being the little baby of the house, and I hope that I can hold onto these last few months of toddlerhood a little longer.
- Caprice is now gracing us with her smiles and baby talk. She's in the 50%tile for both her weight and length. She's plumping up nicely and her little rolls just add to her charm. I'm still trying to juggle three with only two hands, and Caprice's new dislike of being out of arms is making that even more difficult, but we love being the parents to three gorgeous girls!
- Christopher has been doing elective rotations the past few months in Gastroenterology, the field in which he hopes to further his career. He's really enjoyed the rotations and they've further cemented his desire to become a GI physician. Applications for residency have been sent and he's going to his first of five interviews (so far) on Friday! This particular interview is at the hospital he is most hopeful to match with. We're so excited to see what the future holds and most importantly, to have the luxury of staying put in one place for six years!!
Well, that quickly sums up life around here.
Oh, wait…OSU is 3-0. Go Cowboys!
The end.
4 comments:
I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Little Caprice is such a doll. We seriously need to get together. Where is Chris interviewing? Weird that graduation is right around the corner for you guys.
yay! update! your fam is so beautiful!
Your daughters have the most beautiful blue eyes!! I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you guys are doing well. I think about having 3 kids at once and it makes me want to just stay in bed and hide under the sheets. But it sounds like you are handling it quite gracefully!
I can't believe how big your girls are getting! Cute pics!
Post a Comment