Friday, August 7, 2009

These 'shoes' were made for walking...

And that’s just what she’ll do….every day! Yes, Alexis is walking and has been for about two months. Now that she’s summoned up the courage to brave the slippery, unforgiving hardwood floors in our new place, she’s cruisin’! But she’s discovered how important foot accessories are at an early age. She will insist on wearing shoes EVERYWHERE- outside, in the house, during naps, in the bath. She’s had shoes for a while but would never keep them on. But I guess now that she’s walking, she needs to keep those tiny toes pampered. Alexis just got over a week of extreme fever, fatigue and fussiness. We never pinpointed the exact cause, but she’s doing well now. So, throughout the week in order to try and keep her fever down, she lived in just a diaper- well, a diaper and shoes, as insisted. I couldn't’t help but snap a quick picture of her sickie attire while she followed me around the house. Kira has been a pretty good sport while we've dealt with her sister's illness. She slept through nightly wakings, tolerated an irritable playmate who really didn't feel like playing and parents who've been at another's beck and call. Kira maintained her good humor and did a lot of self-entertaining. please excuse the hair...like I said Kira was a neglected child for a few days


Quick update on Christopher: He passed the boards!!!! WHOOOO-HOOO! I'm so proud of him and glad that this part is over. He's gotten through a rotation of Pediatrics, which ended up being a blessing in disguise. Administration was trying to deal with physicians and scheduling and it was starting to look like he might have had to go downtown to rotate with a peds doctor. Ugh. But he actually wound up with a doctor that allowed him to participate a ton and taught him a lot. He's now on Surgery rotations and and will be on call twice in his first week. Obviously, we haven't seen much of him but we're glad he's having some positive experiences and that he's out of the classroom doing things he worked hard to do. You ROCK, hon!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't know how I missed all these posts you've added. Anyway glad the baby is feeling better. Love the shoes. And what an awesome place you guys live in!

Ms. Little said...

Uh oh... sounds like you've already got a shoe fiend on your hands. That's gonna be expensive when she's in her teens

Sarah said...

I'm glad she's feeling better!
She is still such a cute, dainty little thing, even in a diaper and shoes.

Btw-your house is so awesome! And I heard you got a rockin' deal on it.

Unknown said...

I love your new house!! And those shoes. Very cute.