Alexis hates being on her stomach for tummy time (what baby doesn't?). But while we still push the dreaded tummy time, I worry that she spends a lot of time on her back. So we borrowed a Bumbo chair (thanks, Jenny) so that Alexis can work on her neck support and be able to be upright and view the at times chaotic, yet very entertaining, world around her. She seems so much older just sitting up! Luckily, she still has that baby face...I love those cheeks!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Tongue 'n cheek...
Well, I now know that I can make it through a situation where my child is bleeding profusely in the upright position. Last Sunday, Kira was brushing her teeth and somehow fell and bumped her chin (I think, Christopher was the one in the room at the time) which caused her to bite through her tongue. Of course, she probably didn't bleed as much as it seemed but when I rushed into the bathroom the first thing I saw was this red waterfall coming out of my baby's mouth! Luckily, the bleeding stopped within a few minutes and we were able to calm her down enough to check out the damage. The picture below doesn't do the cut justice. It was pretty nasty. I think she's going to have a permanent scar but she's a trooper. And I must say, so are we, as parents! That can be a pretty traumatic experience for the faint-hearted!

Alexis hates being on her stomach for tummy time (what baby doesn't?). But while we still push the dreaded tummy time, I worry that she spends a lot of time on her back. So we borrowed a Bumbo chair (thanks, Jenny) so that Alexis can work on her neck support and be able to be upright and view the at times chaotic, yet very entertaining, world around her. She seems so much older just sitting up! Luckily, she still has that baby face...I love those cheeks!


Alexis hates being on her stomach for tummy time (what baby doesn't?). But while we still push the dreaded tummy time, I worry that she spends a lot of time on her back. So we borrowed a Bumbo chair (thanks, Jenny) so that Alexis can work on her neck support and be able to be upright and view the at times chaotic, yet very entertaining, world around her. She seems so much older just sitting up! Luckily, she still has that baby face...I love those cheeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She probably will have a scar-ouch. I still have a marks from biting through my tongue when I was a kid.
It does bleed a lot--glad she's okay now.
Oww. That does look like it was pretty bad. I have a scar on my tongue from biting through it a few years ago. I'm glad that Alexis is enjoying the seat!
So sorry to hear about Kira. Glad you were able to deal with it. I am still unsure how I will handle that when my kid starts bleeding a lot.
Hey Nashelle! That's so crazy that you found my blog! I'm great. You're right never a dull moment. My little girl is a nut! Where is your husband going to school? Your girls are adorable! Its great to hear from you!
Post a Comment