As you know, we're expecting this summer. This Monday we had our ultrasound and though it may be a little boring, at least grandparents and aunts/uncles can see their new granddaughter/niece. I'm almost 20 weeks along and though I may not look it, here is proof that she's actually in there! We're still running through possible names and I have a feeling it might be a little while 'til the perfect one is chosen. We'll let you know as soon as we do! Now that we'll have two girls, I'm finishing up some long overdue projects in Kira's room so that way we'll be ready! I'll post a pic as soon as it's done (but don't hold your breath).
Speaking of our little angel (well, she is most of the time), she's growing up so fast...almost too fast it seems some days. Her vocabulary is growing daily and she loves to repeat everything we say. It's like she's taking a mental note of these phrases/words to use later and take us by surprise with her random conversations that are dotted with things we never remember teaching her! The other day, as we were preparing to go to church and going through the ever-popular hair routine with Kira, she spotted a handheld mirror on the bathroom counter and pointed saying, "Kira picture!" I have no idea where that came from, but it makes sense. Each time she looks in it, it is a picture of Kira. She knows that it's a "mirror" and typically calls it that but Sunday, she just invented a new name for it. She loves making faces and checking out her reflection as she walks by the oven, the TV and any mirrors on her level. She's now fascinated by the camera and the fact that she can see the picture of herself right after we take it. Needless to say, it makes it difficult for us to get really good candid shots of her. Anyway, she surprises and most of the time delights us daily with her personality and spirit. We're so grateful to have such a beautiful sweetheart in our home.
As for Christopher and I, it's the same old, same old. Christopher's life is school and he's dreading this next month. February is full of tests and quizzes (almost daily some weeks) finishing off the quarter with a week chock full of finals the first week in March. Luckily, he'll have week break afterwards which we are ALL looking forward to. He's starting to pick up basketball again since being asked to sub for an intramural team at school. They would really like to have him full-time and I think he's seriously considering it. Hopefully, Kira and I can make it to a game or two and watch in awe as Daddy makes "bas-kets" into a REALLY big basket! Quite different from the mini-basketball hoop set Kira's used to playing one-on-one with Daddy at home. I hope he pursues it; I know it's something that he misses. And me, well, I'm here at home running after a very independent toddler, trying to socialize occasionally through the medwives' club, SAA, and keeping up with church and household responsibilities. We're ready for spring and I'm anxious to start a flower and vegetable garden, though it will be small. So hopefully, I'll be good and actually start accomplishing all these goals I have set for myself.
Kira ready for church

"Kira" face
No comments:
Post a Comment